St. Johns County Gets Upgrade to its Xfinity 10G Network
Latest Community in Florida to Roll Out Enhancements to the Xfinity 10G Network, Including Expanding Internet Service to New Areas
ST. JOHNS, Fla. – April 5, 2023 – Comcast is accelerating the nation’s largest and fastest multi-gig deployment and announced that its Xfinity 10G Network upgrade has launched to nearly 800 homes and businesses in St. Johns County.
St. Johns County is the latest community in Florida to roll out these network enhancements, setting the stage for the introduction of new symmetrical multi-gigabit Internet options that can be delivered across Comcast’s existing networks with less cost.
In St. Johns County, the Xfinity 10G network is now available in several new areas, including:
- County Road 13 S between McCullough Creek to just north of County Road 214
- County Road 208 between Stephen Colee Road and Cato Court and between Cabbage Hammock Road to S Forest Creek Drive
- In Elkton, St. Ambrose Church Road and County Road 13A between County Road 13 S and just south of Orn Miguel
- Molasses Junction neighborhood on County Road 13A
“Comcast’s continued investments to expand its network and bring high-speed internet services to more areas in St. Johns County will have a significant and positive long-term impact,” said St. Johns County Economist David Kiernan. “High-speed internet access is not only a critical resource for local residents and businesses, but it also supports future economic growth and development for the area.”
“As magnified by the COVID-19 pandemic and the subsequent shift to online learning and work, Internet access is a necessity in today’s increasingly digital world. You need to get online to search for employment and apply for jobs, to read critical news and information or even access telehealth applications,” said Javier Garcia, Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing for Comcast in Florida. “Comcast is committed to helping bridge the digital divide and connecting more communities in Florida to the Internet and its vast resources.”
Powered by the Xfinity 10G Network
Comcast’s next-generation network and Internet experience are powering homes today and into the future:
- Ultimate Capacity: Xfinity customers connect nearly 1 billion devices across the company’s network annually. The Xfinity 10G Network with the next-generation Xfinity gateways deliver the most advanced WiFi technology carrying three times more bandwidth to power streaming, gaming, videoconferencing, and more, simultaneously.
- Fastest Internet: More than a third of Xfinity Internet customers subscribe to gigabit speed products, and Ookla rated Xfinity the fastest Internet provider at the end of 2022*. Symmetrical gig speeds to the first homes are planned for later this year.
- Unprecedented Coverage: The newest Xfinity Gateway provides a more reliable connection throughout the home. Customers can get wall-to-wall WiFi coverage with a powerful xFi Pod that extends coverage to hard-to-reach areas, with plans for an offering of increased support for in-home WiFi through a “boost guarantee” later this year.
- Most Reliable Connection: Comcast is scaling the nation’s largest and most reliable network – the Xfinity 10G Network – that passes 60 million homes and business and counting. The company plans to launch a new device that is “storm-ready” with cellular and battery backup to help keep customers connected even when the power goes out.
- Ultra-Low Lag: The Xfinity 10G Network and xFi Gateway are a powerful combination that deliver ultra-low latency, also known as low lag, for those moments when response times matter most like video games, a fast-growing category with Xfinity households averaging more than one gaming console per home.
The significant advances Comcast has made over the past 24 months, including several world firsts, coupled with one of the world’s first WiFi 6E gateways and powerful Xfinity Pod WiFi extenders, are delivering a revolutionary connectivity experience that is powering Comcast homes. At this critical time in the nation’s broadband deployment, Comcast’s continued advancement of new 10G technologies will position it as the clear leader for years to come.